A quote from Henry David Thoreau, and an image of Walden Pond for this beautiful, autumn season. I've been thinking about the meaning of Thoreau's quote, and how important it is to good financial planning.
How do you want to fully experience life?
- Buy a sailboat
- Learn to play the piano
- Fly family and grandchildren home for the holidays
- Leave money to the Humane Society
- Take a river boat cruise down the Sein
- Put money in a 529 for grandchildren
- Buy a Honda…or Tesla…
- Open an art gallery
- Make a significant tithe
- Vacation in Costa Rica
- Go back to school for another degree
- Change jobs
- Decide if it’s ‘safe’ to retire
- Help relatives in need
- Travel the Inter-Coastal Waterway
- Collect antiques or artwork
- Keep the summer home in the family
- Leave the farm to the children
Investments and goals go hand-in-hand for living life fully.